The benefits offered by Blood Cancer UK:
Pension and group risk
- Group personal pension scheme for all employees with default contributions of 5% for employee and employer. Employees can change their contributions and if they maintain it above 3%, the employer contribution continues. Employer contributions increase to 10% upon completion of five years’ service and 15% upon completion of 10 years’ service.
- Life assurance of four-times basic salary for pension scheme members.
Healthcare, wellbeing and mental health support
- All employees can take up to five wellbeing days per year.
- Mental health first aiders.
- Access to psychologists.
- Employee assistance programme (EAP).
- Learning and development sessions on mental health and wellbeing themes.
- Funded flu vaccines.
- Employees can claim up to £20 for eye tests and up to £60 for glasses.
- Enhanced sick pay,
Work/life balance or family-friendly policies
- Agile working policy gives all employees autonomy over working times and location.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption leave: maternity/shared parental/adoption offer is 12 weeks at full pay, 12 weeks at half pay, followed by 15 weeks at the statutory rate. Paternity leave is six weeks at full pay.
- 30 days; 31 in Scotland due to the additional bank holiday as employees have English bank holidays as a default.
- Monthly values and equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) based awards which all employees can nominate colleagues for.
- Interest-free loans, up to £1,000 per year per employee.
- Focus days for continuing professional development (CPD).
- Access to L&D academy.
- Bikes-for-work scheme.
- Study leave.
- Moving days.