Benefits on offer at AG Parfetts and Sons:
Pension and group risk
- Group personal pension (GPP) for all employees, with a 5% employee and 5% starting employer contribution, up to a maximum of 10% with long service.
- Employer paid group income protection for senior management teams.
- Death in service paid at four times salary for all employees.
- Employer paid private medical insurance (PMI) for senior management teams and their families.
- Health cash plan, employer paid to level one for all employees. Employees can then upgrade to higher levels and include partners and up to four children. Employees then have access to an online portal with employee discounts or points, as well as access to community online learning, which has a number of free courses for both adults and children, including wellbeing, language skills, cooking, and health and fitness.
- Employee assistance programme (EAP), also open to family members.
- Employer funded financial wellbeing planning for all employees, including access to independent financial advisors.
- Access to Grocery Aid, which offers support together with grants for everyday emergencies or even towards the cost of school uniforms.
- Company car lease scheme for job need and benefit of the role. All costs, excluding private fuel, are covered by the employer.
Work-life balance and family-friendly policies
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay.
- Head office employees have the option to a take a one-hour flex on their start and finish times.
- Up to two hours paid to attend any appointments for all employees
- A base of 30 days of holiday per year, with one day extra after five years of service.
- Birthday off after one year’s service.
- Weekly-paid employees are paid a holiday premium of P60 earnings plus 10%.
Canteen and catering
- Subsidised canteens in depots.
Sports and social clubs
- Each depot has a social fund which allows them to have paid events such as bowling, curry nights, or in-depot quizzes with prizes.
Employee recognition scheme
- AG Parfetts and Sons’ Above and Beyond recognition scheme is in the process of being implemented. This will be both a peer-to-peer and manager scheme. All nominations will be recognised with a small token such as a lunch or depot voucher, and each month HR and managing directors will choose one employee for a special recognition award.
- Long service awards.
Incentive pay or performance-related pay
- Tax-free sales increase bonus, which pays to all employees in the depots upon achievement of year-on-year sales increases, and for non-depot employees this is the consolidated company increase.
- Tax-free profit share bonus, payable in October as a percentage of salary as agreed each year. In 2021, the total level of bonuses paid was 14% of base salary.
- Yearly attendance bonus.
- Employee purchase scheme.