The benefits offered by Charles Tyrwhitt:
Pension and protection benefits
- Defined contribution (DC) workplace pension scheme for all employees, offering enhanced matching employer contributions of 6% for managers and above.
- Group income protection offered to all staff on an employer-paid basis.
Health and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance (PMI) provided on an employer-paid basis; this includes dental treatments.
- Eyecare vouchers.
- Staff can join sports and social clubs that include a running group, football team, wine club and party team. They can also access exercise classes and gym discounts.
- Employee assistance programme (EAP).
- Flu vaccinations.
- Mental health first aiders.
- Wellbeing rooms are situated at the head offices in London and Manhattan; these are forest-themed, laptop-free zones in which employees are encouraged to relax and meditate.
- Debt consolidation service.
- Low cost loans vehicle.
- Financial education.
- Flexible working around the core hours of 10am to 4pm. This is not applicable for retail staff, who are required to work shifts.
- Access to laptops to enable home working.
- Enhanced maternity leave that is based on tenure: employees with at least two years of service are entitled to take up to 10 weeks of leave at full pay, and staff with at least four years of service are able to take up to 16 weeks of leave at full pay.
- Statutory paternity leave.
Pay and bonuses
- Bonuses are based on job role and implemented across all areas of the business.
- Employees start with 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and managers start on 26 days plus bank holidays. This increases to 30 days based on tenure.
- A retail discount platform, which is also available for employees’ friends and family.
- An annual day out, organised by the sports and social clubs; examples of previous trips include visits to Brussels and Thorpe Park.
- Local discounts for staff based at Charles Tyrwhitt’s head offices, such as 10% off at nearby restaurants.
- Discounts on products at Charles Tyrwhitt and The White Company.
- One paid volunteering day per year.
- Paid day off for an employee’s wedding.
- £500 to spend in Charles Tyrwhitt stores on passing probation.
- A birthday cake and handwritten card from the organisation’s founder on the employee’s birthday.
- Reward and recognition programme, including e-cards and an online points system redeemable on the organisation’s discounts platform.
- Points-based long-service awards, as well as a physical memento for five, 10 and 15 years’ service.