The benefits offered by Ovo Energy:
Pensions and protection
- Defined contribution (DC) group personal pension (GPP) for all employees with a 5% matched contribution from the employer.
- Critical illness insurance, available to all employees through a flexible benefits plan.
Healthcare and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance is provided to senior leadership on an employer-paid basis. Eligible employees can extend this cover to include family through the flex scheme.
- Health cash plan, available to all employees through the flex scheme.
- Employee assistance programme (EAP).
- Sports and social clubs are subsidised if they have more than six members. Examples include football, netball, walking, beer, wine and film clubs.
- Bikes-for-work scheme.
- Financial wellbeing information hub.
- Workplace individual savings account (Isa) available through the flex scheme.
- Lifetime Isa (Lisa), through the flex plan.
- Free mortgage advice.
Pay and bonuses
- Six-monthly bonus structure: at the end of each half-year, there is the opportunity to earn a bonus based either on individual or organisational performance, depending on job role.
- Annual salary reviews.
- Online flexible benefits platform, offering purchase of a range of benefits using a base fund worth 4% of an employee’s salary.
- Employees receive 25 days holiday, with an extra day for their birthday. Through holiday trading, staff can also buy up to five days using the flex fund.
- The Bristol office houses a subsidised café, with free lunch on Fridays.
- Voluntary benefits website.