Salesforce, Cisco and Hilton are among the organisations that have been named best UK workplaces to work for in 2020 by Great Place to Work UK.
The full list of 162 organisations is based on results from its employee engagement survey and an independent workplace culture audit, which analyses how organisations address areas such as employee perspective, leadership, mental wellbeing and supporting working parents.
Data from employee surveys make up 75% of an organisations’ ranking, while the remaining 25% comes from an in-depth look into a culture and practices.
Sign up to our newsletters
Receive news and guidance on a range of HR issues direct to your inbox
In its 20th year, the accolade is now factoring into its criteria how organisations are reacting to the Covid-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, with a focus on the practices and measures they are using to support employees through this unprecedented time.
The top five organisations on the Best Workplaces list, in the super large, large, medium and small categories, are:
UK Best Workplaces, super large
- Cisco UK
- Admiral Group
UK Best Workplaces, large
- The Sovini Group
- Baringa Partners
- Office Angels
- WaterAid UK
UK Best Workplaces, medium
- Foundation SP
- QuickBooks UK
- DMW Group
UK Best Workplaces, small
- McCarthy Recruitment
- Synergy Vision
- Centor Insurance and Risk Management
Ben Gautrey, managing director at Great Place to Work UK, said: “It’s not surprising that many of our recipients this year have moved rapidly to develop and follow best practices. What they have put in place inevitably depends on their size, available resources and overall workplace culture. But we are seeing common themes of economic assistance for staff, regular communications about work and engaging virtual activities. This has helped organisations to make working from home as simple and productive as possible.
“This year, for obvious reasons, we couldn’t hold our annual awards gala to celebrate our best workplaces. All the same, I congratulate all the UK’s Best Workplaces, and particularly the No.1 ranked organisations, on continuing to prioritise the employee experience.
“It is well-established that a better employee experience leads to higher retention rates and stronger overall performance. When we finally come out of this crisis, I have no doubt those organisations that have provided sufficient care and support for their staff will be the ones that recover the best.”